Another yummy crock pot success. I threw together some chicken and dumplings today…and they were great! I made enough for leftovers for tomorrow. Gonna be just as tasty reheated. The chicken was moist and just shredded…and the sauce was tasty! Even the dumplings were good! Hooray!
Here’s the recipe!
Feel free to substitute any ingredients you wish, and increase/decrease amounts for the size of your family! I doubled everything!
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can of cream of celery soup
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- Chicken bouillon seasoning or cube
- Salt & pepper
As for the dumplings… You can make your own dumplings, or use 1 (10 oz) package of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces 🙂
- EXCLUDING THE BISCUITS put all ingredients in…
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- About an hour (give or take) before serving, remove chicken and pull into pieces and return to the soup mixture, place the torn biscuit dough in and cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.