Another pasta hit – Cheese and sausage tortellini. So tasty! Recipe in post!
The boys really loved this recipe…Tony too! It’s a hearty, tasty meal.
- 1 lb of ground Italian sausage (you can use ground beef if you don’t like sausage)
- 20oz Frozen Three-Cheese Tortellini (I use Buitoni)
- 32oz of Chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I use the basil, garlic, oregano seasoned ones)
- 8 oz cream cheese – room temp
- Cook sausage so no pink shows
- Put tortellini and sausage into crock pot
- Add tomatoes (liquid and all), broth, and cream cheese (in chunks) to the crock pot (if you like mushrooms, you can add them too)
- Stir it all together
- Cook on low for 3.5 hours – stirring at 1.5 hours and 3 hours
- Remove the lid for the last 30 minutes to thicken the sauce
- Serve with garlic bread and salad