Breakfast Boats…All Aboard!
Posted on October 12, 2013
Yummy! Egg, sausage, cheese…all cooked inside French bread. Did I mention they are yummy? Recipe in post.
Sausage Egg Boats
Makes 4-6 servings
- 4 demi sourdough baguettes (I used French bread instead) –
- 1 package of sausage – cooked
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut and pull out the middle of all 4 sourdough baguettes, leaving ½ inch of bread in the bottom and on the sides. Be careful not to scrape out too much bread – it needs firm sides and a bottom. Set baguettes aside.
- Prepare sausage according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and the cream. Whisk in remaining ingredients and sausage.
- Evenly divide and pour the mixture into each baguette boat.
- Place all 4 baguettes on a baking sheet and bake for 25-28 minutes or until set in the center. Allow boats to cool for 10 minutes, cut and serve.
You can see above that I got too overzealous with the larger piece of bread and removed too much bread – so the side caved in (or out).