Posted on March 5, 2012
Another yummy dinner. I made Sheppard’s Pie for the guys. Tony and John liked it…the boys didn’t like the veggies in with the meat…but they picked ’em out and inhaled the rest! ha ha! I’ve got to remember to take photos BEFORE everyone eats my food!
- 2 lbs browned, drained ground beef (I used ground venison as we have a freezer full thanks to my husband, the hunter).
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (or use cream of whatever you like)
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegitables ( mine had peas, carrots, corn, and green beans…next time I’ll ditch the green beans)
- Instant mashed potatoes….or you can make your own mashed potatoes…soooo not happening with me
- 2 cups shredded cheddar (or your fav) cheese
- Mix the ground meat with the soup
- Layer in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish
- Cook veggies according to package, then layer on top of meat
- Top with cooked mashed potatoes
- Cover all with cheese and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes (until cheese is melted and potatoes that show are golden brown) at 400 degrees